Saturday, April 12, 2014

Proposal



Proposal
     
     A square room, window shades from fifty years ago, small wooden desks and a chalk board, is usually the typical picture that comes to mind when thinking about a school classroom. Sitting in class listening to the teacher talk while you would write notes and stare at the chalk board must ring a bell for most people. Myself, and my fellow classmates could not wait to jump out of our seats when the bell rang. So, through the eye opening experience of Edu 100, I realized it is not okay to just sit in a class all day and here the teacher talk. Going to school and learning is such a crucial part in developing and shaping a child’s life. So tell me how sitting in a plastic chair and wooden desk while only taking notes is effective and memorable in a positive way?

     The big question I have is: What does it take for a teacher to go above and beyond and break away from the norm and deal with all types of behavior? In my previous schools, I either had amazing teachers or the “typical” chalk board and textbook teachers. My mind always wondered why my amazing teachers were so effective? What set them different from the other typical teachers? These amazing teachers always inspired me. They gave me hope in class and the education system. From shadowing schools to discussion in the classroom I finally realized what makes a teacher outstanding. It is not one specific thing but a pot lock of many qualities.

     Usually when the word “behavior” comes up in school, we assume it is negative. But behavior in schools can be: good, bad, uplifting, inspiring, and horrible and many more qualities. Behavior of not only the students, but also the teacher can make or break the education one will receive. Behavior of students and teachers can be the roots to the tree of education. If the students and teachers show positive behaviors the roots of the tree will suck up the nutrients and keep growing and branching off. Behavior of the students can create a teacher to go above and beyond and behavior of the teacher can cause the students to either accelerate or fluctuate. I have a burning desire to want the education system to be at its best. This may be impossible, but trying never hurts anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment