Tuesday, January 14, 2014



All About Me  

        My name  is Alexandra Christine Kay. My friends call me Alex, but in class I like to be called Alexandra. I reside Broadview Heights which is about 40 minutes from JCU. I am currently "fresh meat" aka a freshman. I hope to be a speech therapist  in the school system. But the hand, I am a cheerleader at JCU and  I also am a competitive figure skater. A few ways to pick me out of a crowd are that I have naturally curly hair that is dark brown. I have green eyes and a round face. I am Austrian and Polish mainly. Also I wish I lived in the 1940's because life was so simple back then. I am not a big fan of technology and am not so good with it. Lastly, I am allergic to almost every food there is to offer.
                For me to take intellectual and creative risks I most be in a very accepting environment. I can get timid at times but I usually always have something to say.Also, the students need to be open and accepting. No doubt I participate when it comes to class. I get nervous if I do not do homework assignments on time. I am a honest student because if I cheat I am only hurting myself. I am 100% a learner from example and repeating. When I do not know something I always ask the professor. I take my grades very serious.

                 As a child I always struggled in school. I had to teach myself ways to help me learn. I think the biggest issue today is that teachers just go over lessons to fast and kids don't actually retain the knowledge. My question for Dr. Shutkin is,  is there one way to be an effective teacher and will you repeat things in class so we can retain the knowledge?


                
 



No comments:

Post a Comment